Inside of lights and shadows
13.01.2012 - 03.02.2012
Art Agenda Nova
Batorego 2, Krakow
curator: Marta Kudelska
-Fragment is a more interesting problem, because it imposes on us that there is a potential whole - says Tomek Prymon. Being in touch with his works, one feels a certain gap, the lack of closure of the overwhelming frames. We are not sure about anything. Is the fragment viewed being the beginning or the end, a flash or the point of light disappearing over the horizon? What we see seems to dissolve and blur at the moment of a methodological attempt to penetrate. Hardly visible lines, interpenetrating colors create an atmosphere of peace, a chill-out room, rather than a convulsive vibration of the present day.
Works presented at the exhibition "Inside the Lights and Shadows" are balancing between the edge of visibility and the title shadow. Depending on the viewing angle, they sparkle and flicker to melt into the dark with the change. Their transience, a subtle game with the surrounding space, allows you to leave the safe cocoon of observation, leaving behind it the silence and darkness, ready to fill with individual experiences.
Fragments of emptiness inside of lights and shadows, seemingly require visual sensitivity in looking, tasting of fractionalness. Meanwhile, fragments lure, mum and drag into a spider's web, wrapping tightly around the viewer. Looking at what is intriguing, it is strangely close, you can step into some of the infinite images.
Curator: Marta Kudelska
review from the exhibition:
He was born in 1986 in Jarosław. He lives and works in Krakow. He graduated from the Academy of Fine Arts in Krakow. He defended his diploma in 2011 at the Faculty of Painting in the First Interdisciplinary Workshop of prof. Zbigniew Bajka, and a graduation from the drawing, in the studio of prof. ASP Marek Szymański.
- Exhibition of paintings "Bezkres", CSW Solvay, Krakow 2011
- Exhibition of painting and drawing "Cisza", "Galeria ASP in PWST", Kraków 2011
- Exhibition as part of the "Stars of the Stars" festival of arts, Żyrardów 2011
- Exhibition organized by Mrs. Bożena Kowalska as part of the "Artists using the language of geometry", "XX1 Gallery", Warsaw 2011
- Exhibition of the 5th International Biennial of Pastels, Nowy Sącz 2010, and post-competition exhibitions in Poland and abroad (eg Palace of Arts in Krakow, Warsaw, Poznań, Rzeszów ...)
- Poland "- I Interdisciplinary Workshop, Provincial Public Library, Krakow 2010
- Project "Dimensions of Freedom" - prison in Łęczyca, 2009
Exhibitions of the project "Dimensions of Freedom":
-Gallery of the Art Department of Ostrava University, Ostrava 2010
-CSW "Power Station", Radom 2010
- Painting Gallery of the Academy of Fine Arts, Krakow, 2009 castle in Łęczyca 2009
-International open air exhibition "Freedom - the fall of communism", Italy 2009
- "Homelessness" - I Interdisciplinary Workshop, cloisters of the monastery o. Dominicans, Krakow 2009
- Exhibition and Interdisciplinary Workshop, Hotel Hyrny, Zakopane 2009
- Exhibition of the IV International Pastel Biennale, Nowy Sącz 2008, and post-competition exhibitions in Poland and abroad (at least Palace of Art in Krakow, Rotterdam, Warsaw, Lviv, Poznan)
- "Master and students", Exhibition of Painting Studio prof. Stanisława Rodziński, Tarnogórskie Centrum Kultury, Tarnowskie Góry 2008
- Exhibition of the Painting Studio of prof. Stanisława Rodziński, German Consulate, Krakow 2007
- Exhibition of the 3rd International Biennale of Pastels, Nowy Sącz 2006, and post-competition exhibitions in Poland and abroad (at the Palace of Arts in Krakow, Rotterdam, Warsaw, Poznań)