Łukasz Surowiec – he was born in 1985 in Rzeszów. He is an interdisciplinary artist, sculptor, performer, creator of video films, author of social campaigns. He graduated from the Faculty of Sculpture at the Academy of Fine Arts in Krakow, and studied at the Academy of Fine Arts in Poznań and the Universität der Künste in Berlin. In his artistic objects and interventions, Surowiec penetrates and investigates current social relations, and also takes up historical and political issues. His work takes the form of a method that makes it possible to learn about public reality, paying attention to marginalized individuals. In his artistic activity, he takes up current social issues, going beyond the walls of official art institutions. He is a laureate of the prestigious competition for young artists Spojrzenia (2017).
Selected individual exhibitions
• 2010, Nice to Meet You, Art Agenda Nova, Krakow
• 2012, Swedish pigeons, Kalmar Konstmuseum, Kalmar
• 2013, Dziady, Bunkier Sztuki, Kraków,
• 2014, No one is afraid to die, CCA Ujazdowski Castle, Warsaw,
• 2014, Waiting Room, CCA Znaki Czasu, Toruń.
Selected group exhibitions
• 2012, Air de Pologne, De Garage, Mechelen
• 2012, Berlin Biennale, Kunst Werke, Berlin 2015, Procedures for the head / Polish Art Today, Kunsthalle, Bratislava,
• 2013, East + Europe - Eastern European Contemporary Art Exhibition, City Hall Exhibition Hall, Hong Kong
• 2014, Critical Juncture, (during Kochi Muziris Biennale), India
Łukasz Surowiec films available at MSN: https://artmuseum.pl/pl/filmoteka/artysci/lukasz-surowiec